Diablo 3

Talk about anything in here.
Temor

Diablo 3

Post by Temor »

Is anyone going to play this much anticipated game?
I pre-ordered the Collectors Editions months ago and I still have to wait until tomorrow to play it, which really bums me out.
EcazS

Re: Diablo 3

Post by EcazS »

Well, it comes out tomorrow... It's pretty normal having to wait for the release date before being able to play a game.

I was going to buy it but I'm very tight financially right now and the very little money I have left after I've payed full rent and food is going towards my vodka&whiskey fund.
Temor

Post by Temor »

The release is tonight at midnight. Most people got their game this afternoon, so they will be able to play once the servers go live. I, on the other hand, will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon for the postal services to bring their lazy asses over to my mailbox.

The thing that bugs me the most is that a guy I know who lives just a couple of houses away got his game today. We bought it from the same place at the same time. I figured we'd get it at the same time as well.

EcazS wrote: vodka&whiskey fund.

I approve of that fund.
EcazS

Post by EcazS »

Buy downloadable copies from Blizzard instead. Can pre-download it then.
Temor

Post by Temor »

No point in buying the game twice, is there?.. I'd rather wait until tomorrow.

Also, I wanted the Collectors Edition seeing as I'm THE biggest Diablo 2 geek ever and I figured Diablo 3 would be as good if not better.
EcazS

Post by EcazS »

There are many reasons to buy amazing games twice. Once for the awesome collectors edition and once for playing immediately.
Temor

Post by Temor »

Yes, but one of the reasons I bought the Collectors Edition is because of the in-game content. If I purchase a digital download now, I will have to create a new in game account tomorrow for my Collectors Edition.
EcazS

Post by EcazS »

Oh, I didn't know they had special in-game stuff. Blizzard stuff normally just comes with wallpapers, extra cover arts and a book filled with awesome concept arts.
EcazS

Post by EcazS »

Speaking of Blizzard, I wish they would just go a head and make a movie.
If even you don't play or like WoW you can't deny that the visuals on the WoW cinematic(s) are nothing but stunning.

Watch these, they are just 3 and 2 minutes long.
(2008) 1080p!!!

(2010) 720p!!!
bowersbros

Post by bowersbros »

Temor wrote:so they will be able to play once the servers go live.

Don't worry. EU servers were crashed for the first 50 minutes. Slowly getting there though :P
I don't like to brag, but I wasn't circumcised. I was circumnavigated. ;)

Want to learn something new? Or maybe reinforce what you already know? Or just help out? Please subscribe to my videos: http://goo.gl/58pN9
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

I'm trying to avoid it until my exams are over. Will probably play it after that :)
bowersbros

Post by bowersbros »

jacek wrote:I'm trying to avoid it until my exams are over. Will probably play it after that :)

Same, regret buying it now.. Since I know the temptation will be huge. But; I shall prevail :D

Want to learn something new? Or maybe reinforce what you already know? Or just help out? Please subscribe to my videos: http://goo.gl/58pN9
Temor

Post by Temor »

EcazS wrote:Oh, I didn't know they had special in-game stuff. Blizzard stuff normally just comes with wallpapers, extra cover arts and a book filled with awesome concept arts.
Tyrael's Wings and a couple of Dyes for armor. No big deal, but still...

EcazS wrote:Speaking of Blizzard, I wish they would just go a head and make a movie.

I could not agree more. Ever since Diablo 1 they've had the best in-game cinematics. A movie announcement at this point would make my nerdmeter go way off the scale.

bowersbros wrote:Don't worry. EU servers were crashed for the first 50 minutes.

I was on MSN with a couple of guys who couldn't get in until 3am ( GMT+1 ). Must have been frustrating.
jacek wrote:I'm trying to avoid it until my exams are over. Will probably play it after that :)

Sweet :) BetterDiablo3!
bowersbros

Post by bowersbros »

Temor wrote:
EcazS wrote:Oh, I didn't know they had special in-game stuff. Blizzard stuff normally just comes with wallpapers, extra cover arts and a book filled with awesome concept arts.
Tyrael's Wings and a couple of Dyes for armor. No big deal, but still...

EcazS wrote:Speaking of Blizzard, I wish they would just go a head and make a movie.

I could not agree more. Ever since Diablo 1 they've had the best in-game cinematics. A movie announcement at this point would make my nerdmeter go way off the scale.

bowersbros wrote:Don't worry. EU servers were crashed for the first 50 minutes.

I was on MSN with a couple of guys who couldn't get in until 3am ( GMT+1 ). Must have been frustrating.

Sweet :) BetterDiablo3!

Went to sleep, at around midnight GMT :P

sevvlor

Post by sevvlor »

Dear diary, it's just since the release of Diablo 3, it is contagious,everyone is getting infected. We are running low on food supplies and some people are showing signs of the infection... Nah just kidding :lol:

Why is everyone so obsessed by the game? Am I the only one that hasn't OD'd on Diablo 3 yet? Tell me what's the fuzz all about? Cus I've been living unther a rock
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

sevvlor wrote:Tell me what's the fuzz all about? Cus I've been living unther a rock

To be honest it doesn't look that special. I think it's mostly due to the delay since Diablo 2
bowersbros

Post by bowersbros »

It is pretty epic though, just give it a go.

Its the sort of game that looks terrible; but, it is amazing :D

Just completed my first run through on Normal, onto Nightmare now. :)

EcazS

Post by EcazS »

Wish I had the money to buy it :( I'm stuck playing WoW, BF3 and MW3 :(
Temor

Post by Temor »

EcazS wrote:Wish I had the money to buy it :( I'm stuck playing WoW, BF3 and MW3 :(

I can offer you a guest pass if you want, so that you can at least try it out :)

The game well exceeded my expectations. I have had no real human to human contact at all for the past 4 days. I'm afraid I might not be able to leave this room once I finally decide to take a break. There's something about this game that makes it impossible for me to stop playing it, even when it's no longer fun.

There are a few things about this game that really bugs me though, like the fact that they have a " Secret Rainbow Unicorn Level "... I shit you not. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPH1uqCrgfc )

The lag is really bad periodically and the auction house is the riddled with glitches and bugs if it's actually working at all, which is not often.

Other than that, great game. Not getting the Diablo feeling I was expecting though.

/Edit; 666 Posts. Cool!
bowersbros

Post by bowersbros »

Temor wrote:
EcazS wrote:Wish I had the money to buy it :( I'm stuck playing WoW, BF3 and MW3 :(

I can offer you a guest pass if you want, so that you can at least try it out :)

The game well exceeded my expectations. I have had no real human to human contact at all for the past 4 days. I'm afraid I might not be able to leave this room once I finally decide to take a break. There's something about this game that makes it impossible for me to stop playing it, even when it's no longer fun.

There are a few things about this game that really bugs me though, like the fact that they have a " Secret Rainbow Unicorn Level "... I shit you not. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPH1uqCrgfc )

The lag is really bad periodically and the auction house is the riddled with glitches and bugs if it's actually working at all, which is not often.

Other than that, great game. Not getting the Diablo feeling I was expecting though.

/Edit; 666 Posts. Cool!

The Secret Rainbow Unicorn level is a joke, because of the secret cow level that was in Diablo 2 (and 1?)

EcazS

Post by EcazS »

I was afraid they wouldn't do a secret level again but they did! :D
That makes me happy!