Login problems from S.Asia

Talk about anything in here.
lakc

Login problems from S.Asia

Post by lakc »

Hi ppl,

Since registering with this forum, I hv been hving problems signing in and also every time i need to post a new topic i hv to sign in back again.

Sometimes when sign in succesful, i am redirected back again to sign in. happens 3-5 times finally managing within 20 mins to post the topic.

So I have to make sure i copy the topic b4 i am asked again to sign in. And not waste too much time on the retry and quickly click ASAP b4 a delay of more than 2secs is nt made.

I did nt hv this problem when i was in London, but this all happened when I flew home to Colombo, this wretched re-re-re login happens.

I wonder if ppl from other continents are having this problem. Wonder wht Jacek is hosting this forum on? ;)
EcazS

Re: Login problems from S.Asia

Post by EcazS »

I had this problem on my phone a couple of weeks ago but it suddenly started working by itself.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

lakc wrote:Wonder wht Jacek is hosting this forum on? ;)

I have a dedicated server.

It could be that your IP address is changing which causes the session to be destroyed.

How reliable is your connection generally ?
lakc

Post by lakc »

now its doing perfectly fine. Perhaps phpBB was going under some maintenance changeovers.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

lakc wrote:now its doing perfectly fine. Perhaps phpBB was going under some maintenance changeovers.

There has been a minor update since this was reported, so maybe.