BetterPHP Rocks!

Talk about anything in here.
Josh

BetterPHP Rocks!

Post by Josh »

BetterPHP is awesome, it needs to grow! How about guest videos from other people to give more content, forum moderators, a new website etc? Just a few suggestions!
jacek
Site Admin

Re: BetterPHP Rocks!

Post by jacek »

It will grow when it's ready :)

I guess guest content would not be a terrible thing, but I think one of the strengths is that it's just me really :?

Also, not really sure what you mean by forum moderators :? We have those already :D
Josh

Post by Josh »

jacek wrote:It will grow when it's ready :)

I guess guest content would not be a terrible thing, but I think one of the strengths is that it's just me really :?

Also, not really sure what you mean by forum moderators :? We have those already :D

Oh, you do? I didn't realise :p
Yeah, of course you're an awesome teacher dude but what I mean by guest content is just the occasional video in seperate playlists or something, nothing overpowering as you are awesome at teaching!
Temor

Post by Temor »

Two moderators is enough for now :) We don't have terrible loads of spam here anymore after Jacek worked his magic :)

Guest content is a good idea imo, but then they must be of the same quality as Jacek's tutorials. And that's not easy!
Josh

Post by Josh »

Temor wrote:Two moderators is enough for now :) We don't have terrible loads of spam here anymore after Jacek worked his magic :)

Guest content is a good idea imo, but then they must be of the same quality as Jacek's tutorials. And that's not easy!

Definitely agree! I didn't know there was Moderators otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it - derp on my part.
And your second point is very very true, Jacek's tutorials are awesome (and real, he goes off on tangents like every good teacher does rather than being this "teaching" robot that you get a lot of on YouTube).
Tino

Post by Tino »

Haha, yeah, haven't been all that active lately due to a test week and other things, so I can't blame you for thinking that ;)
Please check out my CodeCanyon items.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Josh wrote:he goes off on tangents like every good teacher does rather than being this "teaching" robot that you get a lot of on YouTube.

It just happens !

I think managing guest content would be more trouble than it would be worth at this point. Something to think about for the future though :) Perhaps a second channel for guest content or something.
Temor

Post by Temor »

jacek wrote: Perhaps a second channel for guest content or something.

that's actually not a bad idea :) I'd like to see that.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

It's a pretty common trick for 200,000 subscribers people. The second channel gets loads of subscribers and they get one of those "#X subscribed this month" things which gets them more on the front page.

So I might have to wait a while.