Do You Listen to Music When Coding ?

Talk about anything in here.
jacek
Site Admin

Do You Listen to Music When Coding ?

Post by jacek »

This was posted in the secret developer section on the bukkit forums and I wondered how the results would translate to a PHP community.

So, do you listen to music when coding ? If so what type ? I'll start off, here is my coding playlist http://open.spotify.com/user/wide_load/ ... jnarFrLmHu (hopefully you can see that). Sometimes when trying to track down a bug I switch to something more chilled too :D
JelvinJS7

Re: Do You Listen to Music When Coding ?

Post by JelvinJS7 »

Coding is one of the few things I don't listen to music whole doing! Tho not entirely true…

If I'm following one of yours or Alex's tutorials, I'd be listening and coding at the same time. And I can't really listen to both the tut and music at the same.

However, if I'm working on something myself, and don't have my ears pre-occupied, then I'll listen to music.

If I'm on my computer, then it'll be be streaming "Kiss 108", which Is "Boston's #1 Hit Music Station!". If I'm on my iPod, then it's either still the radio, or which ever playlist I've been listening to on my iPod (which is usually either songs I just bought, all my songs minus holiday music, or a themed playlist based off how I'm feeling/my mood)
Hustle

Post by Hustle »

When I'm coding, I need to have piece and quiet, no distractions :).
EcazS

Post by EcazS »

I listen to music without lyrics or else I'll get distracted. I also listen to "Epic" music :P
It's ok to listen to these, they're not dubstep :lol:
(I don't listen via YouTube, I download it as an mp3 and import it into Spotify)

Temor

Post by Temor »

I listen to Dubstep, Grime and D&B mainly. I can't sit down for more than 15 minutes without some form of hard hitting bass in my ears. ( Except when I'm watching your vids Jacek :P )
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

EcazS wrote:I listen to music without lyrics or else I'll get distracted. I also listen to "Epic" music :P
This is my debugging music !
Torniquet

Post by Torniquet »

I will usually listen to anything on my phone lol. Nightwish, within temptation, murderdolls, rise against, dragon force the list goes on.

Although alot of the time it is the 1st 2 bands. I find listening to music helps me focus and it stops my mind from thinking about other things other than the task at hand. or over thinking for that matter.
Tino

Post by Tino »

I listen to music basically all the time. Sometimes radio, but usually music I've downloaded. And I've got quite an extensive library :)
Please check out my CodeCanyon items.
JelvinJS7

Post by JelvinJS7 »

Same. Like tino, when I'm conscious, have access to music, and not using my ears for something else, im probably listening to music.
Curia

Post by Curia »

when i do html/css i listen to music, but with php im usually listening to your youtube vids to go along with it. Any other form of PC work i generally listen to music as well, just gives me more motivation.