Draft Rules

Talk about anything in here.
EcazS

Draft Rules

Post by EcazS »

Looks good, I was going to add something but I forgot. Question though, is it a permanent ban?
jacek
Site Admin

Re: Draft Rules

Post by jacek »

EcazS wrote: is it a permanent ban?

Depends what you do I guess, I'll edit that.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

The rules seem very fair, advertisements in posts should be added to the rules however.

This advertisement should not include the obvious things like helpful links to tutorials (YouTube included), the manual (obviously), it should just restrict advertisement of off topic, or for the mere purpose of personal gain. In my opinion atleast.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Dylan wrote:This advertisement should not include the obvious things like helpful links to tutorials (YouTube included), the manual (obviously)

I would argue that those things are not really adverts, but I will clarify.
Temor

Re: Draft Rules (Last Update: 07/05/2011)

Post by Temor »

Looks good enough for now. Could probably do some work on the warnings and bans tho.
Another forum I used to be on a lot a while back had a % warning system. Each offence gave you 10% warning, and every warning restricted you from doing certain things on the forum.

This would probably fit better in the forum suggestions tho, so feel free to move it or w/e. :P
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Temor wrote:This would probably fit better in the forum suggestions tho, so feel free to move it or w/e. :P

I will move all of the posts on this topic to the general chat section, its not very easy talking in a global post.

Temor wrote:Looks good enough for now. Could probably do some work on the warnings and bans tho.
Another forum I used to be on a lot a while back had a % warning system. Each offence gave you 10% warning, and every warning restricted you from doing certain things on the forum.

My custom forum will have a similar system by default, but I imagine that it would require a mod for phpbb, which are a pain to install ! So for now it will remain as, break the rules, get banned ;)
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

jacek wrote:
Dylan wrote:This advertisement should not include the obvious things like helpful links to tutorials (YouTube included), the manual (obviously)

I would argue that those things are not really adverts, but I will clarify.

Sorry my wording was once again misleading (seems to happen a lot), I meant to say:
No blatant advertising. YouTube videos / tutorials should NOT be considered advertising as they can be / are helpful.
Temor

Post by Temor »

jacek wrote:My custom forum will have a similar system by default, but I imagine that it would require a mod for phpbb, which are a pain to install ! So for now it will remain as, break the rules, get banned ;)

Alright, no rush :) It was just an idea anyway, and its far from perfect. There's a ton of systems against bad behavior on forums. Such as the ability for users to down-vote / up-vote users based on their actions on the forum. Enough down-votes result in a warning while up-votes gives users certain privileges.

Got tons of ideas running around(most of them are really silly tho)...
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Dylan wrote:No blatant advertising. YouTube videos / tutorials should NOT be considered advertising as they can be / are helpful.

Do not create a post with the sole purpose of advertising something (this does not include posting helpful links and similar).

That pretty much covers it, if anyone does some advertising I'll just tell them ;)

Temor wrote:Got tons of ideas running around(most of them are really silly tho)...

Hold on to them until I get back to developing :)
Temor

Post by Temor »

jacek wrote:Hold on to them until I get back to developing :)

Will do! I can post some of my ideas in a large post in the Suggestion forum.