Post here if you need help with SQL.
nyo

Re: Dislaying Data Properly Using MySQL

Post by nyo »

No :) I tried it before. Tried again.
Temor

Post by Temor »

I'm also running into this problem a lot when doing sites in Swedish ( A lot of Å Ä Ö ) and I found that if I use the " ISO 8859-1 " character encode it works every time. You could try it as well.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Temor wrote:I'm also running into this problem a lot when doing sites in Swedish ( A lot of Å Ä Ö ) and I found that if I use the " ISO 8859-1 " character encode it works every time. You could try it as well.

UTF-8 basically includes ISO 8859-1 so that is unlikely to helo.
Temor

Post by Temor »

jacek wrote:
Temor wrote:I'm also running into this problem a lot when doing sites in Swedish ( A lot of Å Ä Ö ) and I found that if I use the " ISO 8859-1 " character encode it works every time. You could try it as well.

UTF-8 basically includes ISO 8859-1 so that is unlikely to helo.

Yeah, but for some reason UTF-8 won't work all the time. It does work 90% of the time but sometimes it glitches or something, and ISO 8859-1 tends to do the trick when that happens.

It might be some glitch with paragraph tags or something.
nyo

Post by nyo »

No way, not in my case. Really, I kinda consumed almost all the discussions about this issue on the web, then I posted here. I never ask a question on a forum without doing a considerable search on the web beforehand.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

nailyener wrote:I never ask a question on a forum without doing a considerable search on the web beforehand.

Well I approve of that !!

Have you tried setting the coalition to the one with "bin" in its name ? phpBB uses that and this may be the reason ;)
nyo

Post by nyo »

jacek wrote:
nailyener wrote:I never ask a question on a forum without doing a considerable search on the web beforehand.

Well I approve of that !!

Have you tried setting the coalition to the one with "bin" in its name ? phpBB uses that and this may be the reason ;)

Yes, I did Jacek, the problem seems to be related to the hosting. I contacted them and waiting for their reply.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

hmm, okay, make sure you let us know the cause if you ever find it :lol: