Signatures

Got a suggestion for the forum (or website) ? Here is the place to share it.
Temor

Signatures

Post by Temor »

Would it be possible to raise the height limit to 150px?
I have a ton of sweet 150px signatures, but I'm not able to use them :(
jacek
Site Admin

Re: Signatures

Post by jacek »

Sorry but 150px is just too big in my opinion,

The focus should be the actual topic, not the flashy images in peoples signatures.

You can always make the ones you have a bit smaller ;)
Temor

Post by Temor »

jacek wrote:Sorry but 150px is just too big in my opinion,

The focus should be the actual topic, not the flashy images in peoples signatures.

You can always make the ones you have a bit smaller ;)

Making them smaller would make them look terrible. But I fully understand you :)
EcazS

Post by EcazS »

Temor wrote:Making them smaller would make them look terrible. But I fully understand you :)

Shouldn't make much of a difference if you scale down both width and height. Unless they're HUUGE :roll:
Temor

Post by Temor »

EcazS wrote:
Temor wrote:Making them smaller would make them look terrible. But I fully understand you :)

Shouldn't make much of a difference if you scale down both width and height. Unless they're HUUGE :roll:

The thing is, some of them are animated gifs ( waves on water etc ) and those animations get totally messed up when resizing, and I really don't feel like redoing them entirely :P
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Generally speaking down sizing images doesn't compromise the quality overly, if the aspect ratio is maintained and is done using a program with a feature to keep the quality (i.e. Photoshop.) The problem should only arise if:
1) They are overly large (but you said only 150px high. OR
2) They have a great amount of small minute details, in which case I have no solution.

Just saying.

EDIT: just saw your other post, I suppose animations would potentially not look so good in a resized nature. But other than the GIF's they should be fine :D
Temor

Post by Temor »

Dylan wrote:

Generally speaking down sizing images doesn't compromise the quality overly, if the aspect ratio is maintained and is done using a program with a feature to keep the quality (i.e. Photoshop.) The problem should only arise if:
1) They are overly large (but you said only 150px high. OR
2) They have a great amount of small minute details, in which case I have no solution.

Just saying.

EDIT: just saw your other post, I suppose animations would potentially not look so good in a resized nature. But other than the GIF's they should be fine :D

I do have tons of signatures I can resize, but I really want my animated sigs :D
Especially this one:
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Temor wrote:I do have tons of signatures I can resize, but I really want my animated sigs :D
Especially this one:

Well you could always be a terribly annoying person, who bends the rules and posts it at the bottom of every single one of your posts :lol: I'd have to advise against that though as it is loop holing the rules and would be quite obnoxious ahaha.

There are other ways to get by the size limit too, but again against the rules which are in place for a reason. Sorry!

On a side note, that is a really nice picture.
EcazS

Post by EcazS »

Is it a beaver or a bear? :lol:
Temor

Post by Temor »

Dylan wrote:
Temor wrote:I do have tons of signatures I can resize, but I really want my animated sigs :D
Especially this one:

Well you could always be a terribly annoying person, who bends the rules and posts it at the bottom of every single one of your posts :lol: I'd have to advise against that though as it is loop holing the rules and would be quite obnoxious ahaha.

There are other ways to get by the size limit too, but again against the rules which are in place for a reason. Sorry!

On a side note, that is a really nice picture.

Yeah, there's a thousand ways to get around the limit, but as you said, the rules are there for a reason.

Thank you :P Took me FOREVER to make :D

EcazS wrote:Is it a beaver or a bear? :lol:

It's a bear !! :evil:
Do you know how hard it is to get a good render of a bear drinking? I do! :P
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

You could just crop it I guess, 50px isn’t THAT much to lose.

Also, new rule, nothing that flashes or sparkles is allowed anywhere at all ever !

Things like the above are fine though :) (if they are small enough ;)

I will have to write that rules post *yawn*
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

jacek wrote:You could just crop it I guess, 50px isn’t THAT much to lose.

Also, new rule, nothing that flashes or sparkles is allowed anywhere at all ever !

I love this rule!
The web was not made for *cough* ugly *cough* sparkly GIFs to take over; and people think they look good! :lol:
Temor

Post by Temor »

jacek wrote:You could just crop it I guess, 50px isn’t THAT much to lose.

Best
Rule
Ever.
Period.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

I thought that was a pretty common rule :lol: