Site Admin

I'm a Huge Criminal

Post by jacek »

I wish this did not happen so much...
EcazS

Re: I'm a Huge Criminal

Post by EcazS »

o_O
I wonder what in that video they claim to own...
Helx

Post by Helx »

Naughty.
Fidbeck

Post by Fidbeck »

You'r gonna be thrown in jail... lol
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

EcazS wrote:o_O

Well it's more or less impossible to work out who FFT is but from watching the video back I guess it's some of the software I used that is non-free, there is nothing else in there :?

Fidbeck wrote:You'r gonna be thrown in jail... lol

:(
Temor

Post by Temor »

Such a shame. They can't possibly suffer any damage from having a video of their software ( if that's the case ). It's free advertisement if anything!

Copyright is an abomination and should be killed with fire.
bowersbros

Post by bowersbros »

jacek wrote:
EcazS wrote:o_O

Well it's more or less impossible to work out who FFT is but from watching the video back I guess it's some of the software I used that is non-free, there is nothing else in there :?

Fidbeck wrote:You'r gonna be thrown in jail... lol

:(

I've had it before where I got a copyright take down request from some italian company (Vae Victais or something); Which basically means enemy or something.

Anyway. They claimed copyright on audio. THe only audio there was my voice; so I managed to get it reinstated. It's such a shame that youtube just allows this, and gives them the right. I had to apply for it to be reinstated twice, because the first time they said 'nah, it is our copyright'

The second time I sent them the threat of a lawsuit (I wouldn't have bothered, but figured it'd be worth a shot mentioning it) and suddenly it was all 'Oh, these thigns get picked up automatically by our system, and it isn't perfect' When i asked them why it didn't get reinstated earlier after my first reply, well.. I never heard back from them.
I don't like to brag, but I wasn't circumcised. I was circumnavigated. ;)

Want to learn something new? Or maybe reinforce what you already know? Or just help out? Please subscribe to my videos: http://goo.gl/58pN9
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Well I obviously disputed it :P I have no problem with companies being able to get videos removed like this, I just wish I got a bit more information as to what the infringement was, not knowing makes it pretty hard to state my case in the dispute. Plus now I have a copyright flag on my channel which means less promotion and all kinds of bad things.
Fidbeck

Post by Fidbeck »

They won't give because things are like they are.
They think they can do everything just because...

Try to ask for more info. Maybe is a stupid bug that catches random videos and flag them as being under any crappy copyright law.

Shakespeare used many stuff that wasn't his, they didn't have copyright back then, that way we wouldn't even know him....
know him, so to speak xD I mean study him.
wrichards8

Post by wrichards8 »

It really amuses me how the YouTube bot picks out some videos and not others. i think you might be able to claim fair use on the video as its a tutorial
Temor

Post by Temor »

This thread got me thinking about the two strikes I got last year, so I went to look at them, and whaddayakno, they're gone! This is wierd. I never appealed or anything, because I was clearly violating copyright.
Shouldn't I have gotten an email or something when the strikes were removed? :S

All's well that ends well, I guess.
exload

Post by exload »

Companies have been falsely claiming video contents as their own on YouTube lately. I suggest you contact YouTube support or network host to receive further information on the claim.
I am partnered by RPM Network and have had several videos have false copyright claims made on them. I contacted RPM immediately and the copyright infringement was removed.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

exload wrote:Companies have been falsely claiming video contents as their own on YouTube lately. I suggest you contact YouTube support or network host to receive further information on the claim.
I am partnered by RPM Network and have had several videos have false copyright claims made on them. I contacted RPM immediately and the copyright infringement was removed.

I replied to the claim, there does not seem to be a way to contact YouTube directly ?
EcazS

Post by EcazS »

It's no use, the FBI are on their way! Quickly, hide!
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

EcazS wrote:It's no use, the FBI are on their way! Quickly, hide!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... mAzg#t=35s
exload

Post by exload »

jacek wrote:
exload wrote:Companies have been falsely claiming video contents as their own on YouTube lately. I suggest you contact YouTube support or network host to receive further information on the claim.

I replied to the claim, there does not seem to be a way to contact YouTube directly ?

YouTube has completely changed their format since my last attempt to contact them. I believe the page I would start looking for info would be http://www.youtube.com/t/copyright_counter. Also make sure to visit their support forums because, from what I remember, there is several circumstances that improve your chances of being able to directly contact a representative a YouTube.

If YouTube has not removed the audio on the video then trying to remove the copyright claims on the video may be too much of a hassle than it would be worth in the end.
EcazS

Post by EcazS »

jacek wrote:

"7,483 people just downloaded The IT Crowd" +1!
exload

Post by exload »

jacek wrote:

I love that show!
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

exload wrote:
jacek wrote:YouTube has completely changed their format since my last attempt to contact them. I believe the page I would start looking for info would be http://www.youtube.com/t/copyright_counter. Also make sure to visit their support forums because, from what I remember, there is several circumstances that improve your chances of being able to directly contact a representative a YouTube.

If YouTube has not removed the audio on the video then trying to remove the copyright claims on the video may be too much of a hassle than it would be worth in the end.

The counter claim is waiting for a reply from FFT, that has to happen before the 27th. It seems kinda bad that they can take a video down in about 2 minutes and I have to wait a month for it to be put back up... Grr.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

\o/ ?
Fidbeck

Post by Fidbeck »

Again? LOOOOL
You'll be in jail in no time xD