Eurotrip!

Talk about anything in here.
Temor

Eurotrip!

Post by Temor »

I finally got a date where I can go on vacation and I decided it would be awesome to go on a trip through Europe.
I'll be starting from the north ( Sweden ) and will be traveling south, starting with Copenhagen ( Denmark ). Where do you guys think I should go from there? I was thinking Germany and then The Netherlands, but I've already been to both countries at least five times, so if I decide to go, are there any locations you'd recommend I'd go to?

I will stay briefly in England as well, Portsmouth to be exact. Is there anything close by that might be worth taking a look at? :)
bowersbros

Re: Eurotrip!

Post by bowersbros »

near portsmouth?
Not really no. :D
I don't like to brag, but I wasn't circumcised. I was circumnavigated. ;)

Want to learn something new? Or maybe reinforce what you already know? Or just help out? Please subscribe to my videos: http://goo.gl/58pN9
Temor

Post by Temor »

I figured :P I've only been there once when I was younger and I thought the Spinnaker Tower was the coolest thing ever, so I might go up there again. But that's pretty much all that was worth remembering from there. Apparently...

Is there anything within reasonable travel distance ( 2-3 hours travel time ) that might be worth seeing? I do aim to spend at least two days in England and if there's nothing to see in Portsmouth I might as well go somewhere else :)
bowersbros

Post by bowersbros »

Temor wrote:I figured :P I've only been there once when I was younger and I thought the Spinnaker Tower was the coolest thing ever, so I might go up there again. But that's pretty much all that was worth remembering from there. Apparently...

Is there anything within reasonable travel distance ( 2-3 hours travel time ) that might be worth seeing? I do aim to spend at least two days in England and if there's nothing to see in Portsmouth I might as well go somewhere else :)

I personally love the west end, but it's down to what you enjoy really.

Manchesters alright too. We have Alton Towers theme park nearby, and theres also blackpool pleasure beach.
I don't like to brag, but I wasn't circumcised. I was circumnavigated. ;)

Want to learn something new? Or maybe reinforce what you already know? Or just help out? Please subscribe to my videos: http://goo.gl/58pN9
Temor

Post by Temor »

Alton towers looks pretty sick. I might check that out.
The Blackpool pleasure beach website was horrible. It hurt my brain. The rides were pretty cool though so I may check that out if I have time.

Thanks for the tips :)
EcazS

Post by EcazS »

Go to Grimsby ;)
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

EcazS wrote:Go to Grimsby ;)

:lol: did you say that because I live their or because it's terrible ?
EcazS

Post by EcazS »

Because you live there.
Why would it be terrible? :lol:
Helx

Post by Helx »

EcazS wrote:Because you live there.

O.O
Temor

Post by Temor »

I went on google and did a search for Grimsby. The Wikipedia article was very enlightening. I am now a self-proclaimed Grimsby expert!
I might go there actually. It looks cozy :)
EcazS

Post by EcazS »

If you will be staying in Portsmouth you should note that it is about 475 km between the two.
So it's about a 5 hour drive but you'll drive through Oxford so that might be exciting for various reasons.

If you go by bus you'll go through Peterborough and that might also be exciting for various reasons.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Temor wrote:I might go there actually. It looks cozy :)

It's mouldy.
Temor

Post by Temor »

EcazS wrote:If you will be staying in Portsmouth you should note that it is about 475 km between the two.
So it's about a 5 hour drive but you'll drive through Oxford so that might be exciting for various reasons.

If you go by bus you'll go through Peterborough and that might also be exciting for various reasons.

I'll probably go by train. I'm considering investing in an InterRail card.

jacek wrote:It's mouldy.

That sounds like a major health issue!
Temor

Post by Temor »

Just letting you all know that I'll be away for approximately a week to ten days starting now. See you all when I get back :)
Helx

Post by Helx »

Temor wrote:Just letting you all know that I'll be away for approximately a week to ten days starting now. See you all when I get back :)

Seeya soon!
(Have fun)
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Temor wrote:Just letting you all know that I'll be away for approximately a week to ten days starting now. See you all when I get back :)

I miss you already !
Temor

Post by Temor »

I'm back now. In case you wondered.
Helx

Post by Helx »

Temor wrote:I'm back now. In case you wondered.

:D yay !
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Temor wrote:I'm back now. In case you wondered.

Hi.