PHP Frameworks

Ask about a PHP problem here.
Josh

PHP Frameworks

Post by Josh »

What are your opinion on Frameworks? Personally I use one for every decently sized project that I do. My favourites ones at current are Laravel and occasionally a bit of FuelPHP. I used to use CodeIgniter but I got bored of it really easily, it just seems outdated. I've seen Kohana, Symfony etc. but I've never really looked into them.
libeco

Re: PHP Frameworks

Post by libeco »

I'm using CodeIgniter for my work and I love it. It just makes everything just that little bit easier, without adding too much. Had a very quick look at Zend and CakePHP, but never really tried them.
Josh

Post by Josh »

libeco wrote:I'm using CodeIgniter for my work and I love it. It just makes everything just that little bit easier, without adding too much. Had a very quick look at Zend and CakePHP, but never really tried them.
I'm a massive hater of CakePHP, it's too "magic" for me, doesn't feel like your coding.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

I generally prefer to do everything myself, people tend not to like it when I say this...
Josh

Post by Josh »

jacek wrote:I generally prefer to do everything myself, people tend not to like it when I say this...
I can completely understand what you mean! I used to prefer that aswell, and still do sometimes, but Frameworks make rapid development a lot faster in a large amount of cases. Each to their own eh!