CMS Project ? Suggestions.

Got an idea for a tutorial ? Share it here.
conradk

CMS Project ? Suggestions.

Post by conradk »

Hey BP Community :P

I just wanted to say some things about the CMS project Jacek has added to the list of things to come.

1- I would like to see BetterPHP make a XML CMS, or at least something without MySql, without need for a DB. There are so many MySql CMS's out there, that I feel like we should try something different.

2- I would like to see an webapp setup by default so that all sites made with the CMS can visit an HTML 5 webapp to easily view content. Reading non mobile website on an smartphone is just horrible at times.

3- I am very very willing to help out, but I suppose lots of us are, right ?

4- How about an iOS type UI ? What I mean is that we should really spend time on the UI. There are lots of CMS's out there. The ones I prefer are the ones easiest to use, the ones with the most intuitive UI. I guess I'm not the only one :)

Thoughts ?

Best regards,
CK
EcazS

Re: CMS Project ? Suggestions.

Post by EcazS »

If he's going to make a tutorial about a CMS then he should NOT spend time on making a GUI. It would be a waste of time.

If however, you mean that the members of BetterPHP should make a CMS then... I'm already making one >_>
conradk

Post by conradk »

Oh... Didn't understand that he wanted to make a tutorial on that... well then.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

I probably won't be doing a CMS any more, the idea seemed good at the time. But now I think it would be rather long winded and mostly made up of me reading out SQL statements.
conradk

Post by conradk »

jacek wrote:I probably won't be doing a CMS any more, the idea seemed good at the time. But now I think it would be rather long winded and mostly made up of me reading out SQL statements.

Which is why I also thought it'd be weird. Which is why I thought you were planning on making it kind of a community thing. Nevermind :) I know (well actually I don't, but I'm trying to imagine) how much work you put into all of this. And if it's no fun, then there is no point to go on. So keep it how you like it :mrgreen: