Samsung is stupid!

Talk about anything in here.
EcazS

Samsung is stupid!

Post by EcazS »

So, my Internet wasn't working today so I thought I'd use the USB Tethering function on my Samsung Galaxy S2 which allows me to use the Wi-Fi on my phone and connect to the router (because the wireless was working but not by cable) and then use my computer over the Wi-Fi on my phone.

So basically I would have Internet access again. However, Samsung for some reason didn't include the proper drivers for the USB Tethering so to install the drivers you need an Internet connection in the first place. And why would someone enable the tethering if they already had a fine Internet connection?!

So after searching on my phone trying to download driver packs I found out that you can't download .exe files onto Android because you just get an error saying "File not supported" so I spent some more time trying to find it in a .rar file. But I just go into some stupid filesharing site that didn't allow me to download without waiting 4 hours or some bullshit.

Then I found out that you can download .exe files with the Firefox browser on the phone. So now it works :) I mean, that was just 5 hours. No biggie.

Conclusion: Samsung is stupid for not including the proper drivers in the phone as an autorun or just giving us a CD.....
Temor

Re: Samsung is stupid!

Post by Temor »

I can't remember when anything worked the first time. Especially with phones :)
EcazS

Post by EcazS »

Temor wrote:I can't remember when anything worked the first time. Especially with phones :)
My old Sony Ericsson worked the first time. The old days were the good times....
Temor

Post by Temor »

EcazS wrote:
Temor wrote:I can't remember when anything worked the first time. Especially with phones :)
My old Sony Ericsson worked the first time. The old days were the good times....
I'm using Nokia 3310 now. Old stuff are the most reliable. My iPhone spent more time getting fixed than being used... Battery issues, software issues, short circuits etc. Switched to this old phone while I save money for a new phone, but I'm considering keeping this :P
libeco

Post by libeco »

Nexus S, no problems at al, just loving Android!

And wifi tethering worked out of the box, never tried USB tethering though. I did hear with the latest update the S2 does not support the USB host anymore, making programs like the much commented on dSLR app pointless.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

I had the same problem with my HTC, they did come on the phone's SD card when i got it. But I just deleted them wanting the 200MB of space.
EcazS

Post by EcazS »

I don't get why they can't provide a CD. It's old fashioned but if you don't have a connection then wth?!
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

CDs are old fashioned ? I remember when they came out ! *feels old*
Curia

Post by Curia »

jacek wrote:CDs are old fashioned ? I remember when they came out ! *feels old*
I remember playing a text based game on a floppy disk and adventure boy on my sega.

and im not even 18 yet....

On topic, it seems nokia phones are pretty reliable, just dont get the touch ones with sybiam on them