Issue with mailing list

Post here is you are having problems with any of the tutorials.
pasqo83

Re: Issue with mailing list

Post by pasqo83 »

jacek wrote:Could you try just sending to that one email address not as a list of many, it could be some kind of flood control ? I'm guessing now really ;)
Nothing is actually pulling through after I deleted all the emails and left just the 1. Could it be my headers then causing this issue? :?
  • Empty your mind, be formless like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
pasqo83

Post by pasqo83 »

Will it be easier to pay someone to sort this out, im really stuck as it works for hotmail.co.uk and gmail.com (it puts it in the junk section of hotmail.co.uk) - doesnt work on hotmail.com, have no idea what to do now. :(
  • Empty your mind, be formless like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
Temor

Post by Temor »

I tried this, and for some reason ( don't ask me why.. I have no idea!! ) this worked when I used the nl2br function.

Like this:
 nl2br(implode($headers));
Try if it works for you too.
Most likely it will not, but it did for me...
pasqo83

Post by pasqo83 »

Thanks Temor, I will try this :)

My problem I have is with the mailing list and HTML I have together, it only shows it to people who have hotmail.co.uk and gmail.com and no other accounts (hotmail.com, yahoo.com and live.co.uk does not work) and have no idea how to combat this which is really confusing me now. I just spent all day sorting out all the snags on the site and I been sorting this issue out now for over 6 hours going back and forth and reading up but have no idea what to do now :(
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Temor wrote:I tried this, and for some reason ( don't ask me why.. I have no idea!! ) this worked when I used the nl2br function.
you don't want to put br tags between the headers though ;)
pasqo83 wrote:Could it be my headers then causing this issue?
:?
Not likely, as hotmail.com and hotmail.co.uk will probably use the same spam filtering :? I think the code is the wrong place to be looking for this. You could try changing the X-Mailer header in case they block php things for some reason.
pasqo83

Post by pasqo83 »

<?php

include('../../core/init.inc.php');

$headers = array (
	'Reply-To: Spaghetti John Offers <Gianni@spaghettijohns.co.uk>'. "\r\n" .
	'Return-Path: Offers at Spaghetti John <Gianni@spaghettijohns.co.uk>'. "\r\n" .
	'From: Offers at Spaghetti John <Gianni@spaghettijohns.co.uk>'. "\r\n" .
	'Organization: Spaghetti Johns'."\r\n" .
	'Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1' . "\r\n" );

if (isset($_POST['subject'], $_POST['message'])){
	mail_all($_POST['subject'], $_POST['message'],
nl2br(implode($headers)));

}
?>

This is what I got, I've managed to get it to find in the junk mail of hotmail.com when I remove the X-Mailer header. I guess thats better than nothing so I can't complain. the nl2br doesn't work. I'll just have to get him to learn the 2 simple codes, br and p tags.

Thanks for the help on this everyone :D
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

pasqo83 wrote:This is what I got, I've managed to get it to find in the junk mail of hotmail.com when I remove the X-Mailer header.
Thats odd :? well as long as it works ;) If you lookup the X-Mailer line for some random version of outlook you may be abel to get out of the junk folder ;).

also you don't wan nl2br here
nl2br(implode($headers))
good that you are making progress though ;)
pasqo83

Post by pasqo83 »

Jacek wrote: Thats odd well as long as it works If you lookup the X-Mailer line for some random version of outlook you may be abel to get out of the junk folder .
also you don't wan nl2br here. Good that you are making progress though
Thanks Jacek, I am understanding the php language alot better but I definitley want to go back to basics and create basic stuff so I can move things around and feel comfortable about coding it properly.

Im not sure where to put the nl2br, thought i'd take a guess where to put it in. lol
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

You want to appl ynl2br to the message body, not the headers... so erm, use it on the message text ;)