No votes
Other
3%

Total votes: 33

jacek
Site Admin

Re: Which web browser do you use?

Post by jacek »

How did you manage to make yourself a network admin without knowing a password ?
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

bowersbros wrote:Meh, most restrictions came about when i managed to make myself an administrator on the school in yr 7 (my bad ;) )

They thought they were cleaver getting rid of command prompt from the start menu, but i simply created a .bat with cmd.com inside it and it allowed me to start command line, and from there I made myself admin and yeah.. well.. they turned all chinese government on us since then :/

Ahaha, oh the fun of school computers.
Our computers have never been that restricted, I mean .. They have web blocks... kind of. But other than that it's pretty much free roam :P People enjoy themselves quite a lot.

Also, I enjoy Chrome / FF most frequently. I.E sucks, and would have removed it if it were not so unreliable when testing purposes come around; and safari is a little too flashy for my liking.
Tino

Post by Tino »

At my school they made Firefox the default browser because there were so many complaints about 'the internet not working right' :lol:

Obviously they didn't realise people actually have been complaining about the internet connection itself, not the browser (though I don't mind using Firefox by default) :lol:
Please check out my CodeCanyon items.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Tino wrote:At my school they made Firefox the default browser because there were so many complaints about 'the internet not working right' :lol:

:lol: Well switching to firefox would solve a few display problems ;)
bowersbros

Post by bowersbros »

jacek wrote:How did you manage to make yourself a network admin without knowing a password ?

I knew that the root username was 'mhs' (synonym of the school name) and the password was 32 characters long and none of the teachers could remember it and all had it written down in their teacher planners, so i figured it was an encryption. I went and researched that the only popular encryption that comes up at 32 characters is MD5, and after poking around a little encrypting various strings and trying it, I got the password to be the name of the headteacher (Lesley)

Pathetic and stupid i know, and it has since changed ;)
I don't like to brag, but I wasn't circumcised. I was circumnavigated. ;)

Want to learn something new? Or maybe reinforce what you already know? Or just help out? Please subscribe to my videos: http://goo.gl/58pN9
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

That is total acceptable then ! they should have thanked you for pointing out the obvious security issue of having obvious password.

At my school they used the default "Administrator" account and the password was the name of the school :roll:
Kamal

Post by Kamal »

At my school, the default account is the administrator one.. I have A LOT of fun there :D Especially because Visual Studio is installed and I can make some epic stuff to confuse the teachers ;)

Now they installed Deep Freeze, which "limits" admin powers.. :|