What's Good About Being a YouTube Partner ?

Talk about anything in here.
Temor

Re: What's Good About Being a YouTube Partner ?

Post by Temor »

jacek wrote:I just had a thought, I can enforce the going off-topic rule :D

do I want to be a partner ?

Yes.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Okay, I guess I would be able to turn off ads on my videos ? That would be nice :)

That will be my next thing to aim for then :D
Tino

Post by Tino »

Ugh, I hate ads on the videos themselves. It's just too annoying, especially when it suddenly comes banging out my speakers when I least expect it :(
Please check out my CodeCanyon items.
ta2shop

Post by ta2shop »

yeh that is wery annoying and some times scarry to.. :lol:
Temor

Post by Temor »

jacek wrote:Okay, I guess I would be able to turn off ads on my videos ? That would be nice :)

That will be my next thing to aim for then :D

Yes, having ads is 100% up to you.

No ads = less money.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Oh, actually I seem to have this option already. Are they gone ?
JelvinJS7

Post by JelvinJS7 »

Ok so let me just say that unless you're really popular, partner isn't that good. My friend was partner, and I tried and failed (I can actually apply again tomorrow; it's been 2 months. I won't, but…).
You really don't get much money, and you might not get any at all.
However, of you are partner, you get:
Promoted videos
Unlimited video lengh
Channel design features
Payment
Ads in your videos :(

Does anyone want me to go thru the complex process of achieving partnership and them getting payed?

Also, reading these posts made me laugh a LOT! :lol: :lol:
bowersbros

Post by bowersbros »

JelvinJS7 wrote:Ok so let me just say that unless you're really popular, partner isn't that good. My friend was partner, and I tried and failed (I can actually apply again tomorrow; it's been 2 months. I won't, but…).
Promoted videos
Unlimited video lengh
Channel design features
Payment

Does anyone want me to go thru the complex process of achieving partnership and them getting payed?

Ray william Johnson gets (a suspected) 5 figure salary from YouTube simply for posting a video twice a week..

Thats excluding his other channels (he has 2, equally popular ones, YourFavouriteMartian which whenever he uploads a video gets over 5 million views in 3 days, and BreakingNYC, his daily vlog which used to get around 300k hits a day)

With those views, he makes ALOT of money. So he may be unfunny, but he's a rich unfunny guy.
I don't like to brag, but I wasn't circumcised. I was circumnavigated. ;)

Want to learn something new? Or maybe reinforce what you already know? Or just help out? Please subscribe to my videos: http://goo.gl/58pN9
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

JelvinJS7 wrote:Promoted videos
Unlimited video lengh
Channel design features
Payment

I'm only really bothered about that one ;) And I'm pretty sure I would be able to turn off the ads. I'm sure I said this before, I am not interested in making money from this, well not from advertising anyway.

bowersbros wrote:Ray william Johnson gets (a suspected) 5 figure salary from YouTube simply for posting a video twice a week..

JelvinJS7 wrote:Ok so let me just say that unless you're really popular

He is really popular for some reason :?
JelvinJS7

Post by JelvinJS7 »

bowersbros wrote:
JelvinJS7 wrote:Ok so let me just say that unless you're really popular, partner isn't that good. My friend was partner, and I tried and failed (I can actually apply again tomorrow; it's been 2 months. I won't, but…).
Promoted videos
Unlimited video lengh
Channel design features
Payment

Ray william Johnson gets (a suspected) 5 figure salary from YouTube simply for posting a video twice a week..

Thats excluding his other channels (he has 2, equally popular ones, YourFavouriteMartian which whenever he uploads a video gets over 5 million views in 3 days, and BreakingNYC, his daily vlog which used to get around 300k hits a day)

With those views, he makes ALOT of money. So he may be unfunny, but he's a rich unfunny guy.

You get about $1500 for every million view. YouTube is scheap like that; 5¢ per every thousand views. how many subs/views does he have?

jacek wrote:I'm only really bothered about that one And I'm pretty sure I would be able to turn off the ads. I'm sure I said this before, I am not interested in making money from this, well not from advertising anyway.

so you mean channel design is the only think you'd want?
EcazS

Post by EcazS »

JelvinJS7 wrote:You really don't get much money, and you might not get any at all.

Depends on the exposure you get. One guy bought a 2010 car only from YouTube money.
JelvinJS7

Post by JelvinJS7 »

EcazS wrote:
JelvinJS7 wrote:You really don't get much money, and you might not get any at all.

Depends on the exposure you get. One guy bought a 2010 car only from YouTube money.

Well yeah it's entirely based off popularity. You need like 1000 or more subs, or 50,000 views to make it. Then you get about 5¢ for every 1000 views, and 50¢ every time someone clicks a link in an advertisement. Plus you don't get any money until you've earned $100. So unless you're EXTREMELY popular, you won't get a lot of Money.
(Youd also need a lot of advertisement-seeker/followers…)
Temor

Post by Temor »

JelvinJS7 wrote:Does anyone want me to go thru the complex process of achieving partnership and them getting payed?

The partnered account I had together with some friends made money without getting alot of views. We just opened an adsense account on the same gmail account as youtube was on, and got payed instantly. Every 5k views = $5. No exceptions. Every 100 subscribers, $10, no exceptions. Channel views, same there, 10k views = $5. It really wasn't that hard at all. We applied, got partnered, got payed. No hassle.
bowersbros

Post by bowersbros »

If you can get money from this, why not?

It personally doesnt bother me atall the adverts, because i know that you get something out of the good quality tutorials you make.

, Oh yeah, and i saw a video with a 15 minute advert before hand.. Thank god that had a skip advert 3 seconds in ;)
I don't like to brag, but I wasn't circumcised. I was circumnavigated. ;)

Want to learn something new? Or maybe reinforce what you already know? Or just help out? Please subscribe to my videos: http://goo.gl/58pN9
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Adblock can remove the video ads, I really hate using youtube without it ;)

Partners can also live stream, which would be cool.

Temor wrote:The partnered account I had together with some friends made money without getting alot of views. We just opened an adsense account on the same gmail account as youtube was on, and got payed instantly. Every 5k views = $5. No exceptions. Every 100 subscribers, $10, no exceptions. Channel views, same there, 10k views = $5. It really wasn't that hard at all. We applied, got partnered, got payed. No hassle.

How many views / subscribers did you have when you applied ?

They also don't make it very clear how many you need :?
Temor

Post by Temor »

jacek wrote:Adblock can remove the video ads, I really hate using youtube without it ;)

Partners can also live stream, which would be cool.

Temor wrote:The partnered account I had together with some friends made money without getting alot of views. We just opened an adsense account on the same gmail account as youtube was on, and got payed instantly. Every 5k views = $5. No exceptions. Every 100 subscribers, $10, no exceptions. Channel views, same there, 10k views = $5. It really wasn't that hard at all. We applied, got partnered, got payed. No hassle.

How many views / subscribers did you have when you applied ?

They also don't make it very clear how many you need :?

Not entirely sure, but somewhere between 130-200.000 views, 60k channel views and 1,2k subscribers.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

So lots... I may have to wait for a while then :lol:
Temor

Post by Temor »

jacek wrote:So lots... I may have to wait for a while then :lol:

Took us 6 months give or take a month. I don't think it'll take you that long... All you need is a few people actively pushing you in the right direction. And I have no problem helping :)
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

YouTube doesn't take partners merely based on your numbers.

Some people have loads of views and subscribers, and don't get partnered as they do not necesarily have high quality videos, original content, that sort of thing.

There are others who are partnered with a much fewer number of upload / channel views but do get accepted to partnership.

Although if you want a benchmark, somewhere between 100,000 and 200,000 upload views would be required before contemplating the application. Although, the focus should not be on increasing the numbers for it, rather on producing high quality, original videos (as you do), and working from there.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Dylan wrote:Although, the focus should not be on increasing the numbers for it, rather on producing high quality, original videos (as you do), and working from there.

Well that's what I am doing anyway, I will never actively try to get more views ;)
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

jacek wrote:
Dylan wrote:Although, the focus should not be on increasing the numbers for it, rather on producing high quality, original videos (as you do), and working from there.

Well that's what I am doing anyway, I will never actively try to get more views ;)

I've noticed that! It's good :) That's probably why your videos rock ;)