Pagination for an MC Plugin

Any help topics that don't fit in the current categories can go here.
offluffy

Pagination for an MC Plugin

Post by offluffy »

So, after getting a list of stuff that is potentially too long to view in the 1.2.3 minecraft chat box, I was wondering if it'd be necessary to paginate that list. The likes of which I have no clue how to do. I believe MC 1.2.4 has made the text history scrollable, but I'm not sure about that yet. Even so, might not want the list to extend pass the limits of the screen. How might I paginate a long list?
jacek
Site Admin

Re: Pagination for an MC Plugin

Post by jacek »

Yep 1.2.4 has a scrollable chat box, not really much point in doing it manually now ;)
offluffy

Post by offluffy »

Awesomesauceyness. I messed around in 1.2.4 a bit. With a relatively short list (that would expand past the previous chat box length), I have to repeat the list about 6 times before it starts cutting off and won't scroll any further. So I won't worry about it until that becomes a problem. I think I saw a tutorial for pagination somewhere at any rate that may be useful if I need it.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Bukkit provided an easy class to help with pagination in the chat box. It was removed with 1.2.4 though :s
offluffy

Post by offluffy »

Oohhhh .-. I can definitely see that becoming a problem for a lotta devs. So they'll probably end up creating their own or they'll annoy Bukkit into reinstating that XD That'll throw a monkey wrench in the tutorial though, I bet.