Talk about anything in here.
Temor

New logo?

Post by Temor »

I like it :)
EcazS

Re: New logo?

Post by EcazS »

I like the style of it, but it doesn't really fit in considering the blueish background :S
libeco

Post by libeco »

I don't really like it. The font does not really convey any programming or technology and the < and > look more like those ribbons you see popping up everywhere in web design the past two years.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

EcazS wrote:I like the style of it, but it doesn't really fit in considering the blueish background :S

That's going to be changed when I get a bit of spare time.
JelvinJS7

Post by JelvinJS7 »

I like it, except it doesn't necessary look that good.
tomek

Post by tomek »

My suggestion is do the last R the same style like B. Even thought I like it. :)
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

JelvinJS7 wrote:I like it, except it doesn't necessary look that good.

How is that possible :?
JelvinJS7

Post by JelvinJS7 »

jacek wrote:
JelvinJS7 wrote:I like it, except it doesn't necessary look that good.

How is that possible :?

Like… the font and style are annoying. But I like the idea of a <better php> tag as a logo
unemployment

Post by unemployment »

Not trying to be mean, but this logo is really bad. Perhaps keep some elements of it, but I would strongly recommend a new version of this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

To be completely honest I don't understand why the logo of this kind of website matters that much. You come here to learn and discuss coding, not to critique Jacek's design skills.

Just my two cents.
Tino

Post by Tino »

Well, a logo and the general design of a web site are integral parts of a web site. If someone is looking for PHP tutorials, he is bound to come across tons of sites. People judge books by their cover - if they see a logo that doesn't fit a site or an unappealing design, they'll likely move on to the next site.

So yeah, I too recommend improving the logo. The rest of the design is great, but the logo indeed just doesn't fit.

...And I don't like the < and > either...
Please check out my CodeCanyon items.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Tino wrote:Well, a logo and the general design of a web site are integral parts of a web site. If someone is looking for PHP tutorials, he is bound to come across tons of sites. People judge books by their cover - if they see a logo that doesn't fit a site or an unappealing design, they'll likely move on to the next site.

So yeah, I too recommend improving the logo. The rest of the design is great, but the logo indeed just doesn't fit.

...And I don't like the < and > either...

But surely they go to the YouTube channel before the forums, as the forums are just a place to ask questions.
If anything the main betterphp website should get improved rather than the design of the forum.
JelvinJS7

Post by JelvinJS7 »

Josh wrote:If anything the main betterphp website should get improved rather than the design of the forum.

It is. XHBB
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

I'm going to do some work on styling once I get a bit of time to finish XHBB. There will be one integrated site, it won;t be the website and then the forum.