Hi there im new!

Just registered and want to say hello ? Use this forum.
twiggy

Hi there im new!

Post by twiggy »

Hi guys,

I have been creating websites for well over 8years and never really bothered to learn any backend language until about to years ago when I picked up RoR which is simply awesome. I have worked with PHP and understand the basic principles but have never really had a real crack with it, so here I am!

I have gone over your basics video series and to be honest I didn't learn much as it was stuff I already new or very similar in principle to RoR theory. So i think its time to start putting it into some real action.

I need to know where to go next? There are tons of videos but their doesn't seem to be any order to them? What would you recommend?
EcazS

Re: Hi there im new!

Post by EcazS »

Welcome!

On your question, it really depends on what you wanna do.
You can't just watch tutorials without actually working on something, it will never stick. So my advice is that you get a small project, could be anything really, and then watch tutorials that could be useful for just that project.

So if you find a project you wanna do, just post back and we can help you sort out some tutorials that may be useful for it :)
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Welcome to the forum. :)

There is no order for the tutorials really, the basics playlist is in a rough order that would make the most sense but other than that there is no real progression between the various series, just showing random things.
Tino

Post by Tino »

Welcome to the forum!
Please check out my CodeCanyon items.
twiggy

Post by twiggy »

Hi everyone thank you for your welcoming comments, looks like I could settle in well here.

Now working my way through your video tutorials as we speak, well type! :)
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Yay ! for more views :) :lol: