Why do PHP programmers hate ASP?

Talk about anything in here.
Kamal

Why do PHP programmers hate ASP?

Post by Kamal »

Q: Why do PHP programmers dislike ASP programmers?
A: ASP programmers only write basic code.

So I saw it today and *had* to post it here.
Let's start a programming-related joke topic :roll:
Temor

Re: Why do PHP programmers hate ASP?

Post by Temor »

Haha. It took a while for me to figure it out and then I giggled :D

I don't have any programmer-jokes, but whenever I find one I'll post it here :)
EcazS

Post by EcazS »

I know two,

Why do programmers always get Christmas and Halloween mixed up?
Because DEC 25 = OCT 31

There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
JelvinJS7

Post by JelvinJS7 »

I don't really get it…

EcazS wrote:I know two,

Why do programmers always get Christmas and Halloween mixed up?
Because DEC 25 = OCT 31

There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hate to burst your bubble, but I'm not sure if those qualify as programming joke. They're more math-y
Just sayin'
EcazS

Post by EcazS »

JelvinJS7 wrote:but I'm not sure if those qualify as programming joke.

You can program in binary. You can use OCT and DEC in programming. It all depends on how deep you go.

And the ASP one is because people mostly script in basic/visual basic. So they code (in) Basic and PHP programmers code in PHP.
JelvinJS7

Post by JelvinJS7 »

EcazS wrote:
JelvinJS7 wrote:but I'm not sure if those qualify as programming joke.

You can program in binary. You can use OCT and DEC in programming. It all depends on how deep you go.

I kmow that (well, I knew binary programming was possible). Personally I think they're better math jokes though

EcazS wrote:And the ASP one is because people mostly script in basic/visual basic. So they code (in) Basic and PHP programmers code in PHP.

Oh TeeHee
EcazS

Post by EcazS »

“Knock, knock.”
“Who’s there?”
very long pause….
“Java.”

A man is smoking a cigarette and blowing smoke rings into the air. His girlfriend becomes irritated with the smoke and says, “Can’t you see the warning on the cigarette pack? Smoking is hazardous to your health!”

To which the man replies, “I am a programmer. We don’t worry about warnings; we only worry about errors.”

There are three kinds of lies: Lies, damned lies, and benchmarks.

Have you heard about the new Cray super computer? It’s so fast, it executes an infinite loop in 6 seconds.

AND NOW! THE BEST ONE!

A computer science student is studying under a tree and another pulls up on a flashy new bike. The first student asks, “Where’d you get that?”

The student on the bike replies, “While I was studying outside, a beautiful girl pulled up on her bike. She took off all her clothes and said, ‘You can have anything you want’.”

The first student responds, “Good choice! Her clothes probably wouldn’t have fit you.”

(http://www.devtopics.com/best-programming-jokes/)
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

EcazS wrote:A computer science student is studying under a tree and another pulls up on a flashy new bike. The first student asks, “Where’d you get that?”

The student on the bike replies, “While I was studying outside, a beautiful girl pulled up on her bike. She took off all her clothes and said, ‘You can have anything you want’.”

The first student responds, “Good choice! Her clothes probably wouldn’t have fit you.”

:lol:
ToxicGod

Post by ToxicGod »

The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware engineer with a software patch, and a user with an idea. – The Wizardry Compiled by Rick Cook