I need some advice here

Talk about anything in here.
killfrog47

I need some advice here

Post by killfrog47 »

I am currently a freelance web developer/designer. Well last week I contacted a good friend of mine who is a wedding planner. I pitched him the idea of contracting me to create RSVP websites for weddings. Well his boss loved the idea and she wants to talk with me next week. I already have an idea on what I am going to say but I have no idea what I will say when she asks about hosting. I have my own server but its just a personal server with only 5 domains allowed on it. What would you guys suggest I do about the hosting? I was thinking making it www.weddingTitle.companyname.com/ though idk if that would be good or not =/ is there anyway to take that last one and make it appear to be www.weddingTitle.com ? or would I have to register that domain?
ScTech

Re: I need some advice here

Post by ScTech »

I believe you would have to register that domain. I see no reason why you wouldn't want to do that sub-domain route. They could always want to expand their website as another service that uses another sub-domain, or even use the domain for a home page that shows what they do.
<?php while(!$succeed = try()); ?>
killfrog47

Re: I need some advice here

Post by killfrog47 »

ScTech wrote:I believe you would have to register that domain. I see no reason why you wouldn't want to do that sub-domain route. They could always want to expand their website as another service that uses another sub-domain, or even use the domain for a home page that shows what they do.

yeah I was taking it over with a friend of mine and I decided ill go that rout. Charge 20 bucks to register their domain and redirect it to a sub-domain. Then charge them for what ever work I do. Eventually ill move to a bigger server but for now this seems like the way im gonna go