Download for a tutorial

Got a suggestion for the forum (or website) ? Here is the place to share it.
bcroca

Download for a tutorial

Post by bcroca »

hello are you able to make a download for your PHP Tutorial: Minecraft Server Information (No Plugins Needed)

as when i was coding it i stuffed up and i dont know what i did wrong. thanks
ExtremeGaming

Re: Download for a tutorial

Post by ExtremeGaming »

There have been threads made on this in the past. Of which I can't find at the moment sooo....

Basic answer:
    1. This site is made for the purpose of improving the programming of users. By giving a download for the code, we are removing that right of letting a user go through and understand how everything works and how to modify it later.
    2. If there is an error, it is generally best to post an issue about it in the Tutorials section (the help one, not the other) and help is generally quick.
<?php while(!$succeed = try()); ?>
Helx

Re: Download for a tutorial

Post by Helx »

ExtremeGaming wrote:There have been threads made on this in the past. Of which I can't find at the moment sooo....

Basic answer:
    1. This site is made for the purpose of improving the programming of users. By giving a download for the code, we are removing that right of letting a user go through and understand how everything works and how to modify it later.
    2. If there is an error, it is generally best to post an issue about it in the Tutorials section (the help one, not the other) and help is generally quick.

You summed it up quite well, good job :D
I'll lock this thread I suppose.

P.S. this thread should have been created in the "suggestions" subforum. Moved.