Netbeans - Simplify new file creation

Any help topics that don't fit in the current categories can go here.
JelvinJS7

Netbeans - Simplify new file creation

Post by JelvinJS7 »

I really like the editor Netbeans for it's whole project… thingy. The problem is, when i want to create a new file, it's a really tedious job. You know what i mean, like:
Screen Shot 2012-07-19 at 11.25.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-07-19 at 11.25.52 PM.png (482.42 KiB) Viewed 2438 times

it's especially annoying when i'm trying to follow a tutorial (as i am in this picture)

when really all i want is to just make a new file, and name it, and BOOM! it's there. Is there anyway in Netbeans that allows you to create a file without having to select what type of file it is, and yadda yadda. or if not, any other good editors similar to netbeans except in this regard?
Temor

Re: Netbeans - Simplify new file creation

Post by Temor »

The folder managment thiny is available for notepad++ as well. I love Netbeans though, and I never really thought the file creation was in any way tedious. It's pretty straight forward and once you know the hotkeys you can do it almost as fast as just ctrl + n.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Eclipse has Right click -> new -> [menu of common types] -> enter the name. No idea about NetBeans :(
JelvinJS7

Post by JelvinJS7 »

Temor wrote:The folder managment thiny is available for notepad++ as well.

i use mac
Temor wrote:I love Netbeans though, and I never really thought the file creation was in any way tedious. It's pretty straight forward and once you know the hotkeys you can do it almost as fast as just ctrl + n.

i like it too. mainly for the fact that folder management as well as plain editing for ease of working on a project. but i like to just need a file, so i hit command+n (or right click->"New File") and just have it there and instantly start coding. Especially for when following a tutorial.

jacek wrote:Eclipse has Right click -> new -> [menu of common types] -> enter the name. No idea about NetBeans :(

i don't appear to have PHP support for eclipse… i'm not sure though cuz i practically haven't used it
Temor

Post by Temor »

JelvinJS7 wrote:i use mac

Right. Sorry :)
JelvinJS7

Post by JelvinJS7 »

Temor wrote:
JelvinJS7 wrote:i use mac

Right. Sorry :)

the other problem (though you wouldn't know that from this thread probably) is that i sometimes follow tutorials on a remote 000webhost server cuz my mac (still) can't send emails( :!: ) [and last night i was having some odd problems where XAMPP wouldn't start apache]. not too much of a problem though cuz i know some FTP clients (ie cybderduck, which i use sometimes) allows you to use your editor on a remote server, but i'm not sure how many editors have that ability built in (as i've only used 3 editors); i know that netbeans definitely does.
Temor

Post by Temor »

The problem with apache not starting is usually because you have either skype, pando media booster or teamviewer running in the background. They all occupy port 80, and apache won't start if the port is already occupied.
JelvinJS7

Post by JelvinJS7 »

Temor wrote:The problem with apache not starting is usually because you have either skype, pando media booster or teamviewer running in the background. They all occupy port 80, and apache won't start if the port is already occupied.

It was saying I had web sharing on, but i didn't, so it was weird