Feedback needed

Anything questions related to styling should go in here.
sevvlor

Feedback needed

Post by sevvlor »

Hey,

I'm not sure where to put this so I posted it in "Others".

I was wondering what you think of my website, how you like the layout and if there are any bugs that need attention.
www.industrialgaming.net is the web url.

Regards,

Sevv
Helx

Re: Feedback needed

Post by Helx »

Its great :D

The only thing I thought maybe was the top header should be a single pattern or solid color/gradient. :)

Just my opinion
FrederickGeek8

Post by FrederickGeek8 »

I like it but I think with the top background that it could extend more down so that the categories aren't on the edge
sevvlor

Post by sevvlor »

FrederickGeek8 wrote:I like it but I think with the top background that it could extend more down so that the categories aren't on the edge

fo you mean the forum catagories? such as news?
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Overall I really like the site though :D I would probably try moving the centre container up so that there is no gap to the header, so that the buttons looked more like tabs. Also the background image is half way down the page for me, could be a compatibility thing, I'm on Firefox 13.0.1 ;)
Temor

Post by Temor »

sevvlor wrote:
FrederickGeek8 wrote:I like it but I think with the top background that it could extend more down so that the categories aren't on the edge

I would guess he's referring to this:

It's up against the edge in a way that gives it a bit too much contrast.
Overall I do like the design of the site. May I ask if it is home made or from a template?
I do believe it's designed for Chrome though since some things mess up in Firefox ( I'm still running FF8 though so that might be a contributing factor ), like the background CSS for example. It moves things around to places they should not be.

Also, the fact that you're having a giant poster of the game I'm most anticipating right now on there doesn't hurt.
sevvlor

Post by sevvlor »

Temor wrote:
sevvlor wrote:

I would guess he's referring to this:

It's up against the edge in a way that gives it a bit too much contrast.
Overall I do like the design of the site. May I ask if it is home made or from a template?
I do believe it's designed for Chrome though since some things mess up in Firefox ( I'm still running FF8 though so that might be a contributing factor ), like the background CSS for example. It moves things around to places they should not be.

Also, the fact that you're having a giant poster of the game I'm most anticipating right now on there doesn't hurt.

Sorry about the bump...

it is a "home made" design, and yes it is developed in Google Chrome. I didn't realize that it was this messed up in Firefox until you said it.

I'm working on a fix, and I'm so glad that the layout looks decent in IE.
Temor

Post by Temor »

Bumps are fine as long as they have something to add to the topic.
Creating a design that's compatible with all major browsers is a pain in the a. I always quit half way through fixing all the stupid IE and Firefox kinks. For some reason it just works in Chrome. Every time, no exceptions.

Good luck :)
sevvlor

Post by sevvlor »

Temor wrote:Bumps are fine as long as they have something to add to the topic.
Creating a design that's compatible with all major browsers is a pain in the a. I always quit half way through fixing all the stupid IE and Firefox kinks. For some reason it just works in Chrome. Every time, no exceptions.

Good luck :)

Chrome is awesome, Firefox is sometimes awesome but most time just a pain in the.... Well the Firefox layout bugg is fixed but the signup page looks like shit. :(

And Internet Explorer, nope didn't even bother XD.

I'll be trying to add some more colours in the layout.
Temor

Post by Temor »

I usually solve the IE problem by denying users who are running IE8 or lower. IE 9 and 10 are usually a sort of quick fix. If it still looks like crap in IE 10 I deny all IE users and give them a prompt to change their browser to a sensible one.