Constructive Feedback [`backticks`]

Want to complain about something in one of the videos, this is the place.
pasqo83

Constructive Feedback [`backticks`]

Post by pasqo83 »

Just to remember to mention that it is backticks you are using and not ordinary quotes :D
  • Empty your mind, be formless like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
jacek
Site Admin

Re: Constructive Feedback [`backticks`]

Post by jacek »

Not really feedback ;)

But I will do :)
unemployment

Post by unemployment »

jacek wrote:Not really feedback ;)

I still don't understand the point of backticks. MySQL doesn't seem to mind if you don't use them.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

unemployment wrote:I still don't understand the point of backticks. MySQL doesn't seem to mind if you don't use them.

No it doesn't but when you try to name a column "from" or something that has meaning it will not work without them.
pasqo83

Post by pasqo83 »

Backticks are the cause of my upset, the tutorials are great but then if your a newbie not understanding strings and arrays and not sure if its a ' or a ` or a " then your buggered! lol
  • Empty your mind, be formless like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
pasqo83

Post by pasqo83 »

jacek wrote:Not really feedback ;)

It is feedback, you need the backticks :mrgreen: hehe

Oh and the videos are great, no issue, although sometimes I have a giggle when your trying to say something and then you have a slight stutter or muddled up words, because you know what you want to say but your already thinking ahead (or at least I think it is you do) :D
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

pasqo83 wrote:although sometimes I have a giggle when your trying to say something and then you have a slight stutter or muddled up words

Is that a bad thing ;)
pasqo83

Post by pasqo83 »

jacek wrote:
pasqo83 wrote:although sometimes I have a giggle when your trying to say something and then you have a slight stutter or muddled up words

Is that a bad thing ;)

Well at the time that im about to throw myself into a fit because the ' should be a ` even turning the video up and cant really see the difference of a ` and a ' (mind you I wear glasses) im ready to throw my lappy a way and then you begin to do your remixes of words and Im like a big baby and thats me calm again....for now... :lol: ;)
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

What I meant was, do I need to make the speech perfect ? Because that would take about 4 times as long as it does now per video
Temor

Post by Temor »

jacek wrote:What I meant was, do I need to make the speech perfect ? Because that would take about 4 times as long as it does now per video

No. The slight imperfections is what makes your tutorials perfect :)
Tino

Post by Tino »

jacek wrote:What I meant was, do I need to make the speech perfect ? Because that would take about 4 times as long as it does now per video

No. It keeps things a bit more natural, and therefore personal, which is important. Just keep it the way it is! :)
Please check out my CodeCanyon items.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

That's good :D I don't think it would me much fun if I had to stop every time I made the slightest mistake. ;) I usually have to do the intro about 3 times :lol:
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

jacek wrote:That's good :D I don't think it would me much fun if I had to stop every time I made the slightest mistake. ;) I usually have to do the intro about 3 times :lol:

Your tutorials are great as your tangents make me laugh and keep me interested. I also am quite enthralled with accents (mind you, I suppose I have one in comparison to you, but you get what I mean), so everything you say and the way you say it makes it much more entertaining than when I watch American-based videos :P
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Dylan wrote:Your tutorials are great as your tangents make me laugh and keep me interested.

I wish I did it on purpose :lol:
pasqo83

Post by pasqo83 »

jacek wrote:I wish I did it on purpose :lol:

Oh u dont do it on purpose, kinda lost that spark in the tutorial now :cry: ;)

Your tutorials are spot on, sometimes I dont understand it because of the php language, but after I play it back a few times or if I continue to create the coding it all pieces together to make sense :)
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

pasqo83 wrote:Oh u dont do it on purpose, kinda lost that spark in the tutorial now :cry: ;)

Well I don't start thinking at 4 minutes in I will start talking about something unrelated ;)

The tangents are things I randomly think of that are a bit relevant, well they can be ;)

pasqo83 wrote:Your tutorials are spot on,

Good :) I will just keep doing it the way I am then