Secure PHP API: how to ?

Ask about a PHP problem here.
conradk

Secure PHP API: how to ?

Post by conradk »

Hello world,

It's been a long time since I came to this forum. So Hello :P What's up with you guys ?

I was wondering if you knew any good tutorials on how to make a secure PHP API. Do you have to use cURL to make secure requests ? It seems a lot of API's made by service providers (Paypal...) use cURL or a similar system to make requests, where an AJAX request on the client side would be enough, right ?

Any help would be appreciated :P

Have a happy summer ! :mrgreen:

Conrad
jacek
Site Admin

Re: Secure PHP API: how to ?

Post by jacek »

conradk wrote:So Hello :P What's up with you guys ?

Hello :)

conradk wrote:I was wondering if you knew any good tutorials on how to make a secure PHP API

I did a video on the basics of it, not using https but you can just change the port.

conradk wrote:Do you have to use cURL to make secure requests ? It seems a lot of API's made by service providers (Paypal...) use cURL or a similar system to make requests

No you don't, they use cURL because it's a standard and easy (I would say lazy) way to do things with HTTP. It's also about a third slower that using raw sockets.

conradk wrote: where an AJAX request on the client side would be enough, right ?

You can't make an AJAX request to a URL not hosted on the same domain.

That any help ?
conradk

Re: Secure PHP API: how to ?

Post by conradk »

Hey,

Thanks Jacek :)

Hadn't noticed you had that vid up (or maybe I watched a very long time ago). Watching it now =)

Conrad