Breadcrumbs!

Got a suggestion for the forum (or website) ? Here is the place to share it.
offluffy

Breadcrumbs!

Post by offluffy »

I love this forum, by far my favorite resource for code oddly, but I do have a slight problem when I want to go back to the Other section and I instead have to go back through the Board Index (in the case where my back button is disabled, like when I open a page in a new tab). Any maybe breadcrumbs aren't necessary since there's at most 3 levels, but it's a thought, and that's my only suggestion XD

Unless perchance you wanna fix that slight (assumed) typo on the Forum Rules post. (Under "More Details" and the last sentence under the header about descriptive titles. I assumed that was supposed to be "... you do not want to learn" rather than lean.) Yes... That's all! :D *grammarnaziface*
bowersbros

Re: Breadcrumbs!

Post by bowersbros »

Well that answers that question; some people do read the rules :P
I don't like to brag, but I wasn't circumcised. I was circumnavigated. ;)

Want to learn something new? Or maybe reinforce what you already know? Or just help out? Please subscribe to my videos: http://goo.gl/58pN9
offluffy

Post by offluffy »

Indeed. I've had my share of being flamed for the various things you shouldn't do on forums. I guess reading one post isn't too much to ask when I actually want to have a helpful response.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

The problem is that phpbb is a huge mess and pretty difficult to modify. I will be fixing all of these things in the summer when I will get a bit of free time.

Also, fixed the typo, thanks :D
offluffy

Post by offluffy »

No problem! I've been thinking about how to make my own forum using PHP and SQL, but I haven't really plotted it out much. Databases would be a mess. Complete and utter mess. Although I have a computer forensics teacher who made his own forums because he also thought PHPBB was messy. So I got the idea from him. And you being the PHP prodigy from birth, you can probably do that if you wanted as well XD At any rate, trying to get back to "Other" from the index isn't too bad. Only like one extra click, I can live with that XP Or I'll bookmark the Other page. >.>
Last edited by offluffy on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

I made a good start actually http://betterphp.co.uk/XHBB/?page=index Just needs a lot of work to get it user friendly and prettier.
offluffy

Post by offluffy »

I like it already! It fits the theme of your home page a lot better. Although I noticed there is no Support forum section for Java. Or Other O.o And if CSS3 gets uniform support (because IE is always the slow child), there's a lotta potential for making it look really awesome. Kudos to you.