codeacademy.com

Got a suggestion for the forum (or website) ? Here is the place to share it.
salrathor1

codeacademy.com

Post by salrathor1 »

Hey,

Another suggestion could be to develop something similar to codeacademy.com for PHP. I went through a few javascript tutorials on there and it was pretty good.

codeacademy.com is pretty new I think and i'm not sure if they're planning to add PHP in the future, but it's definitely a cool new concept that is worth investigating. I heard about it on a tech blog that mentioned they recently got a few million $ investment.

Sorry about the list of suggestions. I have a thing for thinking big and trying to innovate and develop projects, obviously including ones that aren't even my own. lol.

Sal
bowersbros

Re: codeacademy.com

Post by bowersbros »

I second that. just had a quick look at CodeAcademy.. It is pretty clever how it is interactive learning.

If you had the time to set up a PHP one, i'd certainly help you. :)
I don't like to brag, but I wasn't circumcised. I was circumnavigated. ;)

Want to learn something new? Or maybe reinforce what you already know? Or just help out? Please subscribe to my videos: http://goo.gl/58pN9
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Hmm, it seems like a good idea but is a bit limited.

What would be really cool would be a way to write php code and have it run and update live, then some tasks could be attached like "output X" which could then be caught. There is no really nice way to let people do that though since so much would have to be restricted. Also I don't have the time at the moment to go messing with the php source.
EcazS

Post by EcazS »

If they fixed CODECADEMY so you good actually complete all the lessons it would be pretty cool. Some of
them are rather broken atm. Like the jQuery ones and a couple more.