Hi (again)

Talk about anything in here.
conradk

Hi (again)

Post by conradk »

Hello people,

I have not been active on here lately. I was kinda playing games all the time, not working on anything special. But with school starting (I study computer science and mathematics), I'm getting back into programming in C and PHP. I'm also preparing a modest entry for the October contest :P

So I just wanted to say Hey :)

See you,
Conrad
jacek
Site Admin

Re: Hi (again)

Post by jacek »

Welcome back :D

I got 5 entries already, I'm slightly worried that it's going to take a long time to go through them !

I think there were 5 entries in total last time ! (I think it was a few more actually)
conradk

Post by conradk »

Cool :P

I'm not getting my hopes up too much anyway. I guess there are some insane coders that would do such a thing in like an hour or something, right ? :P

But anyways, this thing is keeping me busy. It's a great idea ! It's original :) I would have worked on that contest even if the price was an ice cream or something in that price range =D
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

The example I showed in the video took about 15 minutes ish, but it wasn't very good. I'll show it when the result is announced.
conradk

Post by conradk »

Well, I spent most of my afternoon on working to get all links from a page, all as absolute URLs, regardless of what is provided on the website. It's kind of a mess to get right without using too many REGEXs :roll:
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

It's also very hard to make it work when people use silly syntax, all the same challenges that the people working on the Google crawler will face ;)