PHP Game

Got an idea for a tutorial ? Share it here.
wignall6

PHP Game

Post by wignall6 »

I posted this on another forum and i will post it here see if betterphp want to give it a try, i think you should do a PHP game. This would be great to get the community involved too because they can decide what goes on in the game and they can give comments on how it's played.
jacek
Site Admin

Re: PHP Game

Post by jacek »

hmm, could be interesting I guess. No idea what the game would be on though :?
wignall6

Post by wignall6 »

Yeah, the community could come up with some scenarios and then they can be put into a poll and everyone can vote which is the best.
bowersbros

Post by bowersbros »

Did you post this on phpacademy towards me? coz i've received this one many times before :P
I don't like to brag, but I wasn't circumcised. I was circumnavigated. ;)

Want to learn something new? Or maybe reinforce what you already know? Or just help out? Please subscribe to my videos: http://goo.gl/58pN9
JelvinJS7

Post by JelvinJS7 »

bowersbros wrote:Did you post this on phpacademy towards me? coz i've received this one many times before :P

Yeah I think o saw this on academy too
wignall6

Post by wignall6 »

I'v asked a lot of people who do PHP tutorials to do this one because not a lot have ever done it. I am onyl aware of thenewboston who covered it in his PHP tutorials.
Dominion

Post by Dominion »

Php game : rather open don't you think?
Would you want it all php, some Js in it (makes one play games more fun online...), and also what kind of "game" do you want here? a tutorial series to make the bare-bones of a game site/ just basic one player things?
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Stop talking about phpacademy, I like pretending you all found this forum via youtube or something not just me stealing some of the more active members ;)

Also, I decided I will do this as a project (IE an ongoing series) as it will be pretty long. It may also include some javascript and HTML type tutorials.

To go massively off-topic, would videos on javascript or html/css things be good ? Or should I stick with php ?

Dominion wrote:just basic one player things?

No fun unless it's multiplayer ;)
Dominion

Post by Dominion »

jacek wrote:To go massively off-topic, would videos on javascript or html/css things be good ? Or should I stick with php ?

Dominion wrote:just basic one player things?

No fun unless it's multiplayer ;)

It would be nice to see someone do something with Js without using Jquery :lol:

Well there are a fair few basic game engines out there worth a look. You could simply take one, and do a series on how to create a site from it... Or, even if you're planning to create a framework for a game site I would suggest it's open source since you don't seem to allow downloads of your code most of the time.
Temor

Post by Temor »

jacek wrote:To go massively off-topic, would videos on javascript or html/css things be good ? Or should I stick with php ?

Stick to php. It makes you focus on bringing us high quality tutorials in php, instead of spending your precious time doing html tuts.
And also there is like a million html and CSS tutorials on youtube already :)
bowersbros

Post by bowersbros »

equally there are a million PHP tutorials there too ;)

Although, since php is server side, they tend to be crap with security and such :) (and because it updates fairly often, they also seem to have become outdated to a certain extent)
I don't like to brag, but I wasn't circumcised. I was circumnavigated. ;)

Want to learn something new? Or maybe reinforce what you already know? Or just help out? Please subscribe to my videos: http://goo.gl/58pN9
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

JavaScript could be useful, its still programming-ish :D

Although pretty much everyone uses jQuery so maybe a bit pointless.

I would like to do one on how to use AJAX properly, not just setting innerHTML to the response ;)
Tino

Post by Tino »

jacek wrote:JavaScript could be useful, its still programming-ish :D

Although pretty much everyone uses jQuery so maybe a bit pointless.

I would like to do one on how to use AJAX properly, not just setting innerHTML to the response ;)

jQuery is popular, but there are still lots of people out there willing to learn JavaScript itself or who still use JavaScript normally. I definitely wouldn't consider it pointless ;)
Please check out my CodeCanyon items.