Minecraft!

Talk about anything in here.
jacek
Site Admin

Re: Minecraft!

Post by jacek »

Yeah it might be fun. The last time I was a server admin it ended up taking up way too much time though so we might have to focus on other stuff first. I'm moving house in a few weeks so I'll look at getting some videos made after that - need to work out what people want.
Temor

Post by Temor »

Well, it's been a while since you made your tutorials, so maybe remake some of your old popular ones? A lot has happened since 2011.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Yeah I thought about doing something like that. If we do Minecraft I could do something on forum integration :P
killfrog47

Post by killfrog47 »

jacek wrote:I'm not sure if I mentioned it here before but I used to run a semi-popular minecraft server http://somethingcraft.co.uk/home.html

Before too many people joined it was so fun, there was a great little community and nobody built anything too gigantic - kind of the small town where everyone knows each other vs the big city sort of thing :P

Now I only play vanilla with a friend occasionally. I could do a bit of hosting if people are interested. Maybe I could get back into server modding and make a thing so you have to log in with a forum account :P
yeah I could be down for a minecraft server. I havent played that game in years! Iv been wanting to get into making some plugins lately!
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

killfrog47 wrote:yeah I could be down for a minecraft server. I havent played that game in years! Iv been wanting to get into making some plugins lately!
Me too a bit. Bukkit has gone now though so learning a different server platform has put me off a bit :/
KnightMaire

Post by KnightMaire »

My brother is running a server rack in his house. He has been looking for uses for it that will actually be used besides the fileserver that it currently is being used as.

If you would like, I can ask him more about it for you? Or is server space something that you would rather have local for testing and whatnot?

@Jacek, Spigot and Forge seem to be the two big ones nowadays I believe.
smbonn2005

Post by smbonn2005 »

Lol so I am said brother of KnightMaire's. Definitely would be interested in hosting a Minecraft server (or more than one if wanted/needed).

Have a full server rack here that I use for a bunch of things unrelated to this, but more importantly, I have a Xeon E3-1231v3 based server that is sitting here with pretty much 0 load on it and that is unacceptable to me =)

Am able to run either vanilla or modded versions of Minecraft, or both if that's what's wanted =)

Feel free to PM or post here to discuss as I am subscribed to this thread!

Smbonn2005

EDIT: Also, there would be a snapshot taken of the server/s every night and backed up locally and offsite as well. We all know how bad it is when we lose a big project we are working on midway through... or worse after it's completed.
killfrog47

Post by killfrog47 »

jacek wrote: Me too a bit. Bukkit has gone now though so learning a different server platform has put me off a bit :/
Yeah thats what I was reading =( sad stuff haha but from what i understand Sponge is the replacement. I guess some of the bukkit devs started it.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

KnightMaire wrote:r is server space something that you would rather have local for testing and whatnot?
smbonn2005 wrote:Have a full server rack here that I use for a bunch of things unrelated to this, but more importantly, I have a Xeon E3-1231v3 based server that is sitting here with pretty much 0 load on it and that is unacceptable to me =)
I've got the same problem a bit :P I'd be happy for you two to set something up if you like, any dev stuff I did could easily be tested locally anyway. We can create a forum section or something I guess.