Made a cool little web tool =)

Written something you are proud of, post it here.
killfrog47

Made a cool little web tool =)

Post by killfrog47 »

Alright so finally after 5 months of slow development I have finally gotten my minecraft permissions tool working and uploaded! If you would like to check it out its web based so no download http://permbuster.tomascordero.com

I still have some work to do as far as adding things to the database but other than that the tool is working =) Its purpose is to make a one stop shop for creating permission config files for PermissionsBukkit (will add more permissions plugins later on down the line).

It is coded almost fully in PHP with some CSS3 effects for the fun of it. Im not 100% sure I want to release the source code yet but chances are I probably will. Let me know what you guys think about it and what I could improve on and what doesnt need to be there. Also any bugs would be great to hear about!

Also thanks to everyone on this site! I wouldnt have learned anything about php if it wasnt for all of you! So a BIG BIG thank you!
Temor

Re: Made a cool little web tool =)

Post by Temor »

It looks like it's working. I'm not really familiar with bukkit so I'm not sure what's going on but it does what it's supposed to I guess.

I don't see the need for the user to register first though. That will probably deter people from using it on-the-fly.

And I'm glad you learned something from here. It's fun to hear that this forum pays off :)
killfrog47

Post by killfrog47 »

Temor wrote:It looks like it's working. I'm not really familiar with bukkit so I'm not sure what's going on but it does what it's supposed to I guess.

I don't see the need for the user to register first though. That will probably deter people from using it on-the-fly.

And I'm glad you learned something from here. It's fun to hear that this forum pays off :)

Sweet thanks for the feed back! And yeah Ill have to create a guest system. What would be best? Creating a file with a Session ID then deleting it once they download the file?
Temor

Post by Temor »

Well, it depends on how much freedom you want the user to have.
The easiest thing to do would be to just not require any session to be active for the tool to work. That takes the least work.
killfrog47

Post by killfrog47 »

Temor wrote:Well, it depends on how much freedom you want the user to have.
The easiest thing to do would be to just not require any session to be active for the tool to work. That takes the least work.

Hmmm only problem with that is the session is how the files are saved and retrieved. Once a user creates an account and creates his/her first file the code takes the users session (their username) and creates a file with their username to store the config file in. I couldnt think of a different way to handle saving files. I am open for ideas though haha.
Temor

Post by Temor »

I see. Maybe you could just automatically log a user in as " Guest " if they don't already have an account of their own?
killfrog47

Post by killfrog47 »

Temor wrote:I see. Maybe you could just automatically log a user in as " Guest " if they don't already have an account of their own?

Im gonna try and log the user as "Guest(random #)" maybe assign a cookie to them that deletes after say 3 days of inactivity.