Advertising

Talk about anything in here.
jacek
Site Admin

Advertising

Post by jacek »

Since I previously said that the website would never have any ads on it and it now does I thought I would take a moment to clarify what happened :P

The ads on the main site replace the ads on the YouTube embed videos, so you don't get interrupted mid-video. They will also not be visible to logged in users once the new site gets built. As a perk you will now be able to download or stream each video/playlist directly in 720p MP4 format from my site which should help people on mobile devices and with slow connections. The entire folder of videos (206 in total) is over 20GB so there will probably have to be some limit on how many you can grab in one go or something.

tl;dr Don't worry I'm not going all commercial just yet :P
Temor

Re: Advertising

Post by Temor »

I have no problem with you advertising. I encourage it actually.
I'd rather you gain something on this than let it ruin you.

And I have adblock so I didn't even notice :).
Helx

Post by Helx »

Well at least it's Google ads and not those horrid Clicksor ads.
I am looking forward to the new site :D
FrederickGeek8

Post by FrederickGeek8 »

I honestly don't like how it is the first thing you see here. What you might want to do is put it as a footer on the forum because then you get A LOT of page views :D
Temor

Post by Temor »

Or as a "First post separator". I see a lot of forums using that now and it seems to be working.
Fidbeck

Post by Fidbeck »

A "First post separator is weird." but you could have a top page advert and maybe a bottom one. And if you feel like you can have one on the right side of the page, but I'd go with the top and bottom ones only
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

FrederickGeek8 wrote:I honestly don't like how it is the first thing you see here. What you might want to do is put it as a footer on the forum because then you get A LOT of page views :D

Temor wrote:Or as a "First post separator". I see a lot of forums using that now and it seems to be working.

The problem with those is that they are bloody irritating :P The new site will have a much less intrusive place for them, still none on the forum though :)