Height and Width really wonky

Anything questions related to styling should go in here.
JelvinJS7

Height and Width really wonky

Post by JelvinJS7 »

Oh, CSS. How I hate you so much…

So, I'm having a bit of trouble with the website that I'm making for my web design class. I've tried figuring out the problem on my own, but couldn't understand what was wrong. I asked my teacher, but he wasn't very clear or helpful (my teacher is not very good…ಠ_ಠ). So I don't think this could be considered cheating. :P

Here's the problem: the right side of the wrapper is extended to far at the top of the main area, and then cut off in the bottom-right corner. I don't understand what is happening, since all the width's within the wrapper are equivalent to 900px.
I assume there is a problem with the probably inconsistent sum of the heights (and amount of content), but any help would be greatly appreciated. i've included a zip of the website.
(trust me. the navbar lines up at school, but not at my home computer. also, the banner is partially blacked out for privacy reasons.
Attachments
music.zip
(248.01 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
jacek
Site Admin

Re: Height and Width really wonky

Post by jacek »

padding is added to the width do you want to set the width of the #main element to 880px for it to be the same width. For a bit of reading google "css box model"
JelvinJS7

Re: Height and Width really wonky

Post by JelvinJS7 »

Well... that wasn't exactly helpful :P but i managed to figure out the problem. I had set some margins for #main that I didn't need.