Advanced File Server - Initial Password Issue

Any problems relating to the premium downloads should go in here
mattsawyers

Advanced File Server - Initial Password Issue

Post by mattsawyers »

I purchased the Advanced File Server from Codecanyon and I am having a bit of an issue when I change the initial password for the admin. After changing it, the interface says “You do not have permission to access this page.” so I then logged out and logged back in with the new admin credentials. I still get the “You do not have permission to access this page.” when trying to access any of the pages other than “index”. I’ve tried it in Chrome, Opera & Firefox. They all have the same issue. Any ideas what might be going on here.

Thanks in advance for any help!
jacek
Site Admin

Re: Advanced File Server - Initial Password Issue

Post by jacek »

That's odd, could you post a SQL export of your users table ? You can hide the password hash if you like ;)
mattsawyers

Post by mattsawyers »

I've have since deleted the files from the host & removed the db user & db. I then re-uploaded the files to the host, created a new db & db user. I was able to login using the default login. I created a new user and password and setup the permissions the same as the admin. While the default admin still work, then new user's credentials do not.
I couldn't attach the .sql file here, so here is a link to it:

http://www.texasccr.org/file/users.sql

I noticed the permission with the user table do not match, don't know if that has something to do with it...
mattsawyers

Post by mattsawyers »

Okay, I think I have got it figured it out. The permissions in the table are incorrect. They are showing up as:

[syntax=sql]a:4:{i:0;s:1:"A";i:1;s:1:"A";i:2;s:1:"A";i:3;s:1:"A";}[/syntax]

Instead of:

[syntax=sql]a:4:{i:0;s:1:"1";i:1;s:1:"1";i:2;s:1:"1";i:3;s:1:"1";}[/syntax]

It doesn't matter what user I create or edit. The user permissions keep getting reset with all the "A"s, everytime I change an unrelated aspect of the use . I have to actually edit the table in order to correct the issue. :(
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, The A is probably due to an array conversion. Which PHP version are you using ? I'll probably need to update the item to fix that.
mattsawyers

Post by mattsawyers »

Running PHP 5.2

This may be unrelated (or related) I also cannot upload any files. The loading-spinner just spins & spins & spins... That can be looked into later though.
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

I think it's all related to the same issue which seems to be magic quotes. When I tested it locally everything seemed to work fine but I did find this in the source

[syntax=php] // removes the effects of magic quotes then applies proper escaping.
public function escape($input){
return mysql_real_escape_string($input, $this->dblink);
}[/syntax]
Which is not doing what the comment says it should do. IF things are being escaped twice it could cause the problems you saw.

Okay I guessed a bit ;)

The file should be up on Code Canyon by now, if it's not just let me know and I can send you the zip in a PM.
mattsawyers

Post by mattsawyers »

Re-downloaded from Codecanyon a moment ago, created new database. Same issues. :cry:
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

mattsawyers wrote:Re-downloaded from Codecanyon a moment ago, created new database. Same issues. :cry:

Back to testing then, bear with me :)
jacek
Site Admin

Post by jacek »

Could you tell me what browser you are using and it's version ? I think it could be an issue with how the form fields are being sent.
mattsawyers

Post by mattsawyers »

Chrome 19.0.1084.56
Opera 12.00 Build 1467
Firefox 13.0.1
Safari 5.1.7 (6534.57.2)

I just re-tried using the above browsers to modify the admin password, leaving all checkboxes checked, and I ran into the same issue with each browser. Let me know if you need FTP access or anything.